Wednesday, April 27, 2011

E2 Visa for South Korea


In order to teach in South Korea, all applicants must get their documents together.

1. Diploma or Degree apostille
2. FBI background check apostille
3. Signed contract
4. Medical check form
5. 4 passport photos


Diploma or Degree
I just recently graduated so I have my degree in tact.

FBI background check
I went to the police station to get my fingerprints done on a FD-258 fingerprint card. You have to pay $10 to the fingerprint roller and $18 to the FBI for crc processing.

Signed Contract
I looked over the contract and signed it.

Medical Check form
Look easy enough. I went to get my tb shot and just got a few tests just in case. Also, you have to get drug test as well. I don't think they want druggies to enter their country.

4 Passport Photos
At first I was planning to go to FedEx Kinkos, but I needed to get something from Costco, so I just decided to get the passport there. It's only $5, woot-woot! With gas prices almost close to $5, that's a bargain.

Once I got back my FBI check, every is pretty much done; however, I read about something online and there are some changes. The original diplomas or degrees are not to be accepted and you have to get the degree or diploma copy notarized and then apostille. Okay, I'll just go to my local bank notary. I went to the local bank notary and basically he just made a copy of it and stamped it. I sent it to the state office to have it apostille and after two weeks it was rejected. I was so pissed! The notary had not done it right! I could risk it being rejected as time was running out. I found a place http://www.apostillepros.com/

They are excellent. They got my degree and FBI check apostille. Basically, all I had to do was send my original degree and FBI check to them and they did the rest! SO EASY! I got my FedEx package in the mail with the apostilles. They're so quick and fast. Everything they had done was accepted by K-Immi.

No comments:

Post a Comment